Sunday 7 September 2014

Google Play Store settings you might like to turn off


There are two settings in Google Play Store I like to turn off on my phone, the “shortcut on homscreen” and Auto-update apps. I really do not like to add a shortcut to my homescreen for each and every application that I ever download.
  • Open up the Google Play Store app on your phone or tablet
  • Slide out the menu from the left of the screen
  • Open "Settings"
  • Under "General" you'll find an option to "add icon to home screen"
  • Make sure the checkbox is unticked
From now on out you'll not be filling up your home screen with dozens and dozens of apps as you install them.
Next step is to control how you update your apps. Open up the Google Play Store app on your phone or tablet
  • Slide out the menu from the left of the screen
  • Open "Settings"
  • Under “Auto-update apps” you'll find options to control when you update.
  • I prefer “Do not auto-update apps”